Preparing For Your START Session
To better prepare for your START session please we ask that you do the following before your START session:
Regardless of AP scores or previous college level math credit all first-year students must take the Math Placement test before attending their START session. Transfer students who have no transferable college algebra credit or placement credit will need to take the Math Placement Test.This test along with transcripts and any AP/IB scores or college credits will be used in your advising session to determine which math course you will be most successful in. If you do not complete the test before your START session, your class registration time at START will be delayed.
- Upload a picture for your OSU ID Card. Please visit http://mycard.oregonstate.edu/ for directions on how to complete this. If you do NOT do this ahead of time you will be required to take your picture at the program.
- Ensure final transcripts are sent to the Office of Admissions, Oregon State University, 104 Kerr Administration Building, Corvallis, Oregon 97331-2106.
- Need to change your major? You can change your major when you check in for START at the Change of Major table.
- Paying your Student Account. All START charges are placed on your student account, this link provides helpful tools/ information on your student account.
- Check out the advice that the 2013 START Leaders have for you. You will have a chance to meet them all when they are helping you during your START Session.
Things To Bring
- Copy of your START Confirmation and Parking Pass
- Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Government Issued Photo Id
- Bring a copy of your SAT and/or ACT scores
- Clothes and Tolietries for Overnight