IPSCA certificates should work with all major browsers but we do not have a lot of experience with this vendor yet, so use at your own risk. These certificates are ideal for systems with limited use that you might currently be securing with a self-signed certificate.
To Request a Certificate from IPSCA
- Visit http://certs.ipsca.com
- Click on the option "$0 for 2 years .edu Domain".
- Generate a CSR on the server to be secured. Click on the help link on the IPSCA page for help generating a CSR from your server software.
- Fill out the form:
- Type of Certificate: Choose "Education (2 years $0)".
- Customer Contact Information:
First Name: Network
Last Name: Engineering
Phone Number: 541-737-9187
Fax Number: 541-713-3000
Company: Oregon State University (* Required *)
Address: Kerr B211
Address: Oregon State University
Country: United States
- Technical Contact Information: enter your name, email and phone.
- Server Type: Select your server software.
- Paste in your certificate signing request that you created above.
- Read the agreement and click Submit.
- After you submit your request, an email will be sent to Information Services for approval. Once we have approved the request, you will receive email from IPSCA.
- Follow the instructions from IPSCA to install your certificate.
- NOTE: you may need to install the root CA from IPSCA - otherwise, clients will complain about the certificate when they connect to your server. Please follow the directions in the message from IPSCA.