In Case of Terrorism
It is difficult to know with certainty in what form a terrorist event will take place. It could be an obvious event involving an explosion and release of hazardous materials, or it could involve a covert method, such as mailing letters or packages containing hazardous materials.
The following are guidelines for generic suspicious activities that should be reported to the Oregon State Police at (541) 737-3010 or, if life-threatening, at 911 or the Public Safety Emergency Line (541) 737-7000.
- Anonymous tips, phone calls or notes indicating threatening events.
- People watching officials or offices.
- Unidentified or unattended packages left in or near offices.
- Requests for plans, blueprints, or sprcifications for buildings by people who have to reason for this information.
- People in places where they do not belong.
- Packages or heavy mail with a peculiar odor or appearance.
- Confrontations with angry, aggressively belligerent or threatening persons.
- Extremely threatening or violent behavior by coworkers who indicate they may resort to revenge or more violence.