Support Our Programs
Thank you for your interest in supporting OSU History, Philosophy, and Religion!
You can't build a skyscraper without first laying a strong and stable foundation. No matter what career path students ultimately take, our program provides every OSU student with a solid and wide foundation, informed by the past and enlightened by strong ethics and diverse perspectives on faith.
In addition to scholarships, student awards and fellowships, and faculty research support, we also regularly bring a diverse array of scholars and practitioners from around the world to meet, lecture, and work with our students and provide the campus and larger Corvallis community with an unparalleled series of events that are free and open to the public.
In just the first half of 2012, we have had speakers discussing such diverse topics as:
- The Future of Syria
- Historicism and Empathy;
- Ethical Decision-making in Pediatric Care
- Songs to Move the Earth: A Brief History of Environmental Music
- The Changing Nature of Life: Aging, Illness and Disability
- Learning to Love the Big Lie: Spies, 'Mad Men,' and Propaganda
- Radical Enlightenment and the French Revolution
- The Moral Costs of Climate Change (Philosophy Talk)
- Genocide in America?: Assault on the Tolawa Tribe of Northern California
- Letter's to Sala - A month long exhibit at the Corvallis Library (as part of the 26th Annual Holocaust Memorial Week)
In this age of budget shortfalls and belt tightening, programs such as these can only happen with your help and donations from alumni and friends are critical for our students and our School.
(you will need to manually type [under Direct my gift to the fund I've typed] 'History', 'Philosophy', 'Holocaust Memorial Week', 'The Spring Creek Project', etc.)
Your transaction will be encrypted and kept confidential to protect your personal information. The OSU Foundation will send you an email confirming that they have received your information. They will also issue you a paper receipt through the U.S. Postal Service for your tax records.
If you would rather speak with a person or would like assistance as you consider making a gift, please contact:
CLA Director of Development